Peace Direct jobs: latest jobs and internships at Peace Direct, an international peacebuilding charity.
Invitation to tender – PeaceGold Brand
Peace Direct is looking to work with a specialised agency to create a unique brand identity for PeaceGold.
Local partners of Peace Direct, Congolese NGO, Centre Résolution Conflits (CRC) promotes reconciliation and peacebuilding in communities affected by violent conflict in the province of Ituri, eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Since 2017, they have worked with two cooperatives operating within artisanal gold mines. They are supporting the coop members to consolidate peace by improving responsible mining practices and producing conflict-free ‘PeaceGold’.
Creating a unique brand identity will allow us to market the gold to legal buyers in international markets, and to tell the story of PeaceGold to anyone who might be interested in buying the products. As the project moves into the next phase, we will be undertaking a test to legally export the gold for sale in international markets. With only one exporter licensed to legally export from Ituri and significant constraints for minerals from conflict-affected and high-risk areas to access international markets, much of the gold mined in Ituri province leaves the country informally or illicitly.
So, our brand will need to connect and inspire buyers with the story of PeaceGold. Through the PeaceGold brand, CRC and Peace Direct aim to strengthen livelihoods of miners within partner cooperatives and demonstrate supply and demand for conflict-free, responsibly mined gold in Ituri. The brand will be integral to raising awareness and creating demand for this gold.
The brand will include visual elements such as the logo, stamps, microsite, as well as content and storytelling.
More details about this opportunity can be found in the Brand Brief below.
- Deadline for expressions on interest: Wednesday September 29th, 2021.
Jobs in our London Office*
There are currently no vacancies.
Working at Peace Direct
Peace Direct works hard to ensure its staff have a good work life balance and feel valued. Some of the benefits we have include:
- 25 days annual leave not including the office closing between Christmas and New Year.
- Stakeholder Pension with Peace Direct contributing 6%
- An interest free season ticket loan for the purchase of a commuter season ticket
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave pay (12 weeks full pay, 12 weeks half pay)
- Training budget available for all staff (we have secured ‘Investors in People’ accreditation and are committed to the development and support of all staff).
- A warm and friendly work environment!
Make sure you never miss an update by signing up today for all our news, events and the latest peacebuilding stories in our emails.