What do we all have in common as we adjust to life during the COVID-19 crisis? We have all been urged to do just one thing: stay at home.
As we’re spending much more time indoors, we wanted to share something a little different with you.
This is our #StayHome reading list. We chose these books because they remind us that when times are tough, hope and strength can always be found – even when the future feels uncertain.
We hope you enjoy it!
- “A Paradise Built in Hell: The Extraordinary Communities That Arise in Disaster” – Rebecca Solnit
- “A Moonless, Starless Sky” – Alexis Okeowo
- “Half of a Yellow Sun” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “Goma: Stories of Strength and Sorrow” – Theodore Trefon and Noel Kabuyaya
- “The Cellist of Sarajevo” – Steven Galloway
- “The Force of Nonviolence” – Judith Butler
- “Out of the Wreckage” – George Monbiot
Do you have a favourite book that wasn’t on our list? Tweet us @peacedirect and let us know!
P.S, If you are thinking about buying any of these books from Amazon, make sure you use Amazon Smile. Just sign in as usual, choose Peace Direct as your charity, and we’ll receive a small percentage of the price you pay at no extra cost.
Join us for our Sun Salutations yoga fundraising challenge in September, which also happens to be National Yoga Month here in the U.S.! Learn more about our fundraiser and how you can help. Read more »
In Uvira, a city in the South Kivu province of DR Congo, we work with our local partner the Fondation Chirezi (FOCHI), to support those affected by war and instability to rebuild their communities. Read more »