Fundraising intern (London, UK)
Purpose of the role: To support the Head of Individual Giving to engage with the public in order to generate sustainable income and increase awareness and involvement in Peace Direct’s mission.
- Lead on all aspects of a monthly online updates including creating content and creating updates.
- Liaise with the International Programmes Team to get updates from the field to be included in supporter communications.
- Organise fundraising challenges and community fundraising activities with individuals, universities and community groups.
- Assist the Head of Individual Giving to research and copy write print and digital materials for appeals and newsletters.
- Research and help organise the annual event.
- Support the Database Assistant to manage the thank you programme.
- Contribute to the wider work of the Fundraising Team as necessary.
- Available 2 or 3 days a week for 6 months.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong organisational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Meticulous, good attention to detail.
- Ability to use own initiative and work independently.
- Experience or understanding of marketing or fundraising.
- Experience of voluntary work.
- A commitment to fundraising and international development.
- Enthusiasm for Peace Direct’s work.
You will get:
- Professional references on completion of the internship.
- Travel & lunch expenses up to £12 a day.
- Exposure to a range of fundraising activities and the principles behind acquisition and retention.
- To be part of a lively team who will facilitate your development with support and external training courses at the FSI.
- The opportunity to be involved with other projects as they come up and plenty of scope for contributing your own ideas.
- The chance to make a real contribution to Peace Direct’s peacebuilding work.
How to apply: Please complete the application form and send your CV with a sample of your writing on any subject by midnight on Thursday 14th January to Ruth Tidy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held the following week to start the internship soon after.