Fundraising intern (London, UK)
Purpose of the role: To support the Individual Fundraising Manager to acquire loyal and engaged supporters through direct marketing and community fundraising. To build strong relationships with supporters to increase their engagement and financial commitment to Peace Direct facilitating us to help our peacebuilding partners.
- Lead on all aspects of a monthly e-newsletter including creating content and analysing results (open rates, click through rate, etc).
- Liaise with the International Programmes Team to get updates from the field to be included in supporter communications.
- Engagement on fundraising challenges and support to other community fundraising activities
- Assist the Individual Fundraising Manager to research and copy write materials to engage supporters and build loyalty.
- Contribute to the wider work of the Fundraising Team as necessary.
- Available 3 days a week for 6 months.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong organisational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Meticulous, good attention to detail.
- Ability to use own initiative and work independently.
- Experience or understanding of marketing or fundraising.
- Experience of voluntary work.
- A commitment to fundraising and international development.
- Enthusiasm for Peace Direct’s work.
You will get:
- Professional references on completion of the internship.
- Travel & lunch expenses up to £10 a day.
- Exposure to a range of fundraising activities and the principles behind acquisition and retention.
- To be part of a lively team who will facilitate your development with support and external training courses at the FSI.
- The opportunity to be involved with other projects as they come up and plenty of scope for contributing your own ideas.
- The chance to make a real contribution to Peace Direct’s peacebuilding work.
How to apply: Please send a short covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, your CV and a sample of your writing on any subject by 12 noon on Thursday 21 August to Ruth Tidy at [email protected]. Interviews will be held week of 28 August to start the internship at the beginning of September.