We operate a global network of people and information from conflict zones. We can provide frontline contacts, human stories and distinctive angles from around the world:
- Direct access to our frontline peacebuilders for first-hand information and stories from the field.
- Pre-departure briefings and contacts for your assignments.
- Local fixers drawn from our in-country correspondents.
- Online information on peacebuilders worldwide at Insight On Conflict.
- Comment on peacebuilding initiatives in the news.
Issues and countries we cover
Currently we are working on these issues:
- Burundi: Preventing young people from joining armed militias and political gangs, in a country where 65% of the population is under 20 years of age.
- DR Congo: Rescuing child soldiers, disarming rebel militias, resettling refugees back into their homes.
- Nepal: Ending the cycle of violence with a hotline for peace. Conflict is stopped in its tracks using a network of politicians, community members and media contacts.
- Pakistan: Preventing radicalisation of young people into extremist organisations in Khyber Pukhtunkhwa (formerly North-West Frontier Province) and the Swat Valley.
- Sri Lanka: Reconciliation between communities and religious leaders in the post-conflict period.
- UK: East London project to help young people in deprived areas resolve conflicts in their homes, schools and streets.
- Zimbabwe: Ending the culture of political violence through youth education, and training village chiefs in conflict transformation.
Interviews, photos and case studies for all of these can be arranged by emailing our press office.
Insight on Conflict
We publish the information website Insight on Conflict which lists over 600 grassroots organisations worldwide that are actively peacebuilding in conflict zones. It’s a leading resource for contacts, updates and stories from countries in the news.